Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Flamming Cheetos, Health

World Spock

Good morning and welcome back to almost all on these pages.
This early morning I finished the reading of "The World Of Spock," written by Diane Duane and published by Fanucci. The site "Deastore", reads the back cover: let's see what he says.

" It 's the twenty-third century. On the planet Vulcan is a crisis of unprecedented proportions views led to the convening of the Governing Council of the planet, and forced the Enterpise to bring home the most famous son of Vulcan. As Commander Spock, his father Sarek, and Captain Kirk will fight to preserve the future of the Federation, so the deepest secrets of the planet Vulcan will be revealed from its beginning millions of years ago to its savage prehistory, from the exploration of space development c'thia, ethics governing logic. And Spock, torn between his duty to Starfleet and its origin, must find a way to reconcile his inner conflict and the dilemma his planet is facing. "

I never thought of saying it ... but it is my duty, despite my veiled (!) passion for Star Trek, to be objective and therefore, I must admit that this is probably the worst Star Trek novel I've read - and, more generally, it is also a rather pointless story and all end in itself. The author launches into a retelling of how Vulcan is born, with the Federation of the plots and dialogues in a river of which - in my humble opinion (I like to think of being quite knowledgeable about StarTrek) do not reflect the characters of the Series.

If, like me, you are a collector, then "Spock's World" should not miss in your library. Otherwise, we'd better leave it on the shelf.

Farewell

Ale

0 comments:

Post a Comment